We have a General Insurance and Employee Benefits Manager role in Bahrain. This is a salaried, employed position with management responsibilities.
Our Client is the largest IFA organisation in the GCC. It has over 400 qualified advisers and 150 support staff. Being the largest IFA in the region, our Client has a well-established infrastructure which ensures that their advisers have access to excellent in-house training, marketing/admin support, and cutting edge IT.
They are seeking a General Insurance Manager to join their team in Bahrain (Manama). The role will be to market and deliver
Corporate, Employee Benefit and Personal General Insurance solutions for the
client in the Bahrain market. To develop business across all General
Insurance sectors, including but not limited to Property, Liability, PI,
Marine, Medical and Personal Lines etc.
Our Client - Bahrain
- The office is managed by their General Manager
- Insurance Managers must have a recognised general insurance qualification and, ideally a degree, with a solid track record of success in financial services.
- They run regular radio campaigns to generate opportunity and name awareness.
- In addition to staging quarterly seminars, our Client also offers marketing support for the right activities on a 50:50 payment basis. This could be purchasing prospect lists, joining a Chamber of Commerce or putting on a seminar.
- High ethical standards.
- To source and close group and personal GI business opportunities through your own marketing activities as well as through the Client's sales advisors.
- To understand clients' exact insurance requirements, sourcing the most suitable quotations from providers and securing contacts.
- Cross sell GI solutions to existing and new Life clients and vice versa, working with the advisors and acting as a focal point for their GI knowledge.
- In conjunction with GM and Group Head of GI, to review, identify and update the current General Insurance providers' panel in terms of available products and terms offered.
- Provide ongoing support and relationship management to GI clients to maximise renewal opportunities.
- Management and oversight of Bahrain GI staff.
- Manage GI related accounting processes to ensure early identification and allocation of commissions.
- Ensure that the business operates within the appropriate regulatory framework.
- To ensure sales and revenue targets
- Evaluate quality of business submissions that meet or exceed required levels
- Evaluate quality of client servicing that meets or exceeds required levels
- Develop, review and improve GI structure and processes
- Improve awareness of the Client as a general insurance broker
- General Insurance Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Local knowledge of Bahrain market with a sound understanding of the regulatory framework of the territory
- In depth knowledge and awareness of employee benefit solutions and client requirements, specifically group medical and life
- Excellent communicator
- Team player and team oriented
- Confident, resilient and self-motivated
- Client focused
- Constant assertiveness
- Possess strong marketing and sales skills
- Result focused
- Ability to build effective relationships, both internally and externally
- Management experience
- Well presented, professional and personable
- Full understanding of the company's structure
- This is an employed role with an attractive remuneration package, combining salary plus performance related bonus.
- Visa - paid for by the company
- Medical cover and life assurance provided
- Contribution towards initial flight after three months