Home based opportunity for a Compliance Officer, salaried position. can be full or part time.
Main Purpose of role
The Compliance Officer will keep up to
date knowledge of any legal and/or regulatory developments at UK/EU level with
particular focus on FCA, FOS and FSCS developments as well as assisting in
reviewing and tracking relevant FCA consultations and other policy documents.
The individual will also be responsible
for reviewing new client reports within the UK/EU market, responding to client
complaints and for one-off compliance/regulatory projects arising from
The role can be
working from home based, with trips into London / Torquay / Yorkshire when
necessary. Part time and full time will be considered.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Keeping up to date with changes to UK/EU regulation, with particular reference to the Insurance and Investment sectors and to all other areas of regulation that form the basis of the running of the company's business (e.g. Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conduct of Business etc.)
- Reviewing and tracking relevant FCA consultations, policy statements, feedback statements and other regulatory developments and preparing, as required, impact assessments and other senior management alerts including coordinating any feedback.
- Regularly reviewing processes and procedures to ensure they are
updated as necessary as a result of a changing regulatory / working
- Acting as a point of contact with the relevant UK and EU authorities that regulate companies within the Group.
- Assisting with the completion and submission of one-off and regular regulatory returns to all relevant authorities with particular emphasis on FCA returns.
- As and when required, preparing reports for the the company's Board providing regulatory updates on issues that need to be discussed and addressed.
- Implementation of controls in order to prevent money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
- Assisting in the Compliance due diligence process as part of onboarding new clients and supporting the ongoing risk rating of existing clients.
- Undertaking Compliance audits which include the regular review of financial promotions, marketing material, client report manuals (CRMs), processes & procedures, and advisory reports along with other relevant documents.
- Reviewing all client advisory documentation prior to this being issued by the business to clients and/or prospective clients.
- Monitoring, recording and dealing with complaints against any Group companies.
- Drafting and maintaining corporate governance documents.
- Performing and supporting work relating to one-off compliance and regulatory projects, as these arise from time-to-time.
Qualifications - Essential
- Diploma (or equivalent) qualification or introductory course in compliance, regulation and / or AML and Financial Crime.
- Basic Qualification in IT Literacy
Experience & Skills
- 2 years' experience in a similar post in compliance within the financial services sector
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Previous experience assisting the company's MLRO (Desirable)
Competitive salary plus benefits