Employed opportunity for a qualified Tax Adviser in London, UK. Must be fluent in Spanish.
Our Client is currently seeking a Spanish legal/tax professional to work in London within
their team of private client tax advisers to provide their financial advisers/clients
with personal tax advice covering primarily Spain and the UK. Their clients are UK nationals in Portugal,
Spain, France, Malta and Cyprus. The
opportunity exists for the successful candidate to also learn private tax
planning in the other countries in which our Client operates. Fluency in Spanish is a prerequisite, and training
will be provided as necessary.
on background and experience (perhaps after training) be able to:
- Understanding income tax, capital gains tax, and gift/inheritance
as they impact retired UK nationals.
- Writing client advice reports.
- Producing tax calculations.
- Providing telephone and email technical support to our financial
- Monitoring the market for tax/legal changes and communicating the
changes to the business and updating our internal technical guides.
- Review a person's domicile position and prepare reports regarding that
client's domicile position.
- Calculate matters like calculating 10-year charges, relevant income
pools, stockpiled gains and the gains on life assurance policies.
Experience and qualifications:
- The candidate will have at
least 2 years' experience giving doing private client Tax/Legal Adviser
for a minimum of 2 years.
- They will need to have good Spanish
personal tax knowledge.
- They will hold an appropriate
professional qualification such as, LLB, LLM, ATT, CTA etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Speak and read Spanish fluently essential..
- Knowledge and experience of advising on UK residence and domicile
issues for people both leaving and entering the UK.
- Experience with the taxation of single premium life insurance
bonds is a distinct advantage.
- Experience dealing with parties to a trust, including
- Ability to speak French or Portuguese.
candidate must be prepared to travel within Europe (usually 2 to 3 times a
year) as required.