UK tax professional to work in London within our team of tax advisers to provide our advisers/clients with personal tax advice covering the UK, Portugal, Spain, France, Malta and Cyprus
We are currently seeking a UK tax professional to work in London within our team of tax advisers to provide our advisers/clients with personal tax advice covering the UK, Portugal, Spain, France, Malta and Cyprus (training will be provided as necessary).
To work within a small team of tax professionals and be responsible for helping them provide tax support to our Partners/Private Client Managers based in Portugal, Spain, France, Malta and Cyprus. Reporting to Senior Manager -Tax
Advice and planning will primarily cover private client taxation (income tax, capital gains tax, and inheritance tax) in UK, Portugal, Spain, France, Malta, and Cyprus. Full training will be given in relation to the taxation of trusts in the relevant overseas jurisdictions.
Keeping up to date with new tax developments relating to taxation in UK, Portugal, Spain, France, Malta and Cyprus and updating our internal knowledge bases.
Working with the wider business, especially our trustees, answering their technical questions.
- Preparing reports;
- Answering technical questions over the telephone and email;
- Reviewing a person's domicile position and preparing reports regarding that client's domicile position;
- Calculating things like calculating 10 year charges, relevant income pools, stockpiled gains and the gains on life assurance policies;
- Over time meeting with clients, and facilitating in-country training for our Partners/Private Client Managers.
Experience and qualifications:
- The candidate will have been a Tax Adviser for a minimum of 2 years;
- They will need to have good UK personal tax knowledge;
- They will have in-depth knowledge and experience of advising on UK residence and domicile issues for people both leaving and entering the UK;
- They should hold a professional qualification such as ATT, CTA, LLB, TEP. Someone without these qualifications may be considered subject to them having a strong relevant track-record;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Experience with the UK taxation of single premium life insurance bonds is a distinct advantage;
- Experience with dealing with all parties to a trust, including client-facing experience;
- Ability to speak French or Spanish;
NB: The candidate must be prepared to travel within Europe (usually to Malta) as required.